“Titanium Steel” is not Titanium, Its 316L stainless steel actually, without Titanium. It combines with steel to increase steel’s tensile strength and its corrosion resistance, resulting in titanium steel. Cost is much cheaper than gold and silver.
Titanium steel is a new titanium alloy that has recently made its way into the jewelry industry. Actually, it is a term used to refer to a particular type of stainless steel.
What does Titanium Steel contains?
- C ：≤0.030, Si：≤1.00
- S ：≤0.030
- P ：≤0.045
What are the characters?
- Bright appearance for years.
- No deformation, no discoloration, and waterproof for a long time.
- Resistant to strong acid, alkali, no color, no allergy, rigid, no deformation.
- Suitable for skin contact jewelry, No harm to the human body.
- Corrosion resistance than other steels.
- More expensive than 304 Stainless Steel.
So It’s an intentionally misleading term as there is no Titanium used in the product, but putting a “Titanium Steel” label on a product, in our opinion, encourages confusion.
If your shopping for Titanium earrings and necklaces online. Please choose Titanium rather than “Titanium Steel .” Other shops earrings can have Titanium posts and Steel backings, and sometimes these are labeled as “Titanium Steel” or conveniently miss out describing it. Worse, if you are allergic to Nickel or Stainless Steel and think you’re buying Titanium, you’ll react.
Why do I suggest you choose a Titanium ring?
Characteristics of Titanium
- Lightweight: It has the highest strength-to-density ratio of any metallic element.
- Titanium vs Aluminum vs Steel: It’s as strong as steel but 45% lighter and twice as strong as aluminum but only 60% heavier.
- Corrosion resistant: It is highly resistant to corrosion even in sea water, aqua regia and chlorine.
- Bio-compatible: It is non-toxic, non-allergenic and perfectly compatible with the human body.
- Durable: It is more durable than gold and has become a popular jewelry choice.
Is titanium a good metal for men's rings?
Titanium has the highest strength-to-weight ratio of any metallic element. This is why it is a common choice in the aerospace industry. It’s also part of what makes it an excellent choice for men’s rings.
Ti6AL4V, which is an aerospace-grade of titanium. It is also more expensive and harder to work with than commercially pure titanium, which many jewelers use, but the added strength makes it well worth it.
Titanium can scuff and show wear over time, but it holds up to a lot of abuse without breaking, cracking, or bending, and it will not fade or change color over time.
Can we shower with a titanium ring?
Yes! Titanium rings need no special care. Titanium does not corrode, tarnish, or change color over time. This is why it is a common choice for medical implants.